Custom roles and permissions
Custom roles and permissions provide the ability to manage access within the Sendbird Dashboard. They empower organizations to assign specific access rights to different teams or users, ensuring that they have the precise capabilities they need.
Set up custom roles
- Log into the Sendbird Dashboard with admin credentials.
- Navigate to the Roles menu under your account ID on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click the Create Role + button to define new permissions
Creating Custom Roles
- Assign a role name and describe its key permissions.
- Choose the appropriate level of permissions, All or View for Notifications's Send, Templates, Logs, Channels, Tags, Theme, Integrations, and Analytics page.
- All: Grants permissions to write, read, and edit for the menu.
- View: Only grants read-only ability to view the menu.
- Choose applications the role has access to, with an option to select all applications if needed.
Note: View grants read-only access, while All enables full CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) capabilities. The View permissions are required for the menus under Sendbird application's Overview and Org > General sections.
Apply Role-Based Permissions to Templates
Role-based permissions allows for admins to control roles that are able access templates. This would limit operators to only send notifications using certain templates, without the ability to edit them. This ensures content remains consistent and accurate. Additionally, access to templates is restricted by team roles, preventing cross-team edits and maintaining department-specific workflows.
- Navigate to Notifications > Templates.
- Select a template and click Edit.
- Choose the Custom option in the Permission field and select the roles that can send or edit this template.
Note: Roles with the View permission can observe but not edit templates.