Anti-slavery & human trafficking policy
Sendbird, Inc. (“Sendbird”) is committed to a work environment that is free from human trafficking and slavery, which for purposes of this policy includes forced labor and unlawful child labor. Sendbird, Inc. will not tolerate or condone human trafficking or slavery in any part of our global organization.
Sendbird’s employees, subsidiaries, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, partners and others through whom Sendbird conducts business must avoid complicity in any practice that constitutes trafficking in persons or slavery.
Modern slavery is a serious issue that affects millions of people around the world. As a responsible software company, we are committed to combating modern slavery in all forms, including forced labor, human trafficking, and other forms of exploitation. We believe that every person has the right to work freely and without fear of coercion, and we are committed to ensuring that our business operations do not contribute to this problem. To this end, we have developed the following Modern Slavery Policy:
- Policy Statement: We are committed to preventing modern slavery in our operations and supply chains. We will not tolerate any form of forced labor, human trafficking, or other forms of exploitation.
- Responsibilities: We will ensure our employees and contractors are informed of this policy. In addition, all employees and contractors are responsible for complying with this policy and reporting any concerns or suspicions of modern slavery.
- Due Diligence: We will conduct due diligence on all suppliers and business partners to ensure that they comply with this policy and do not engage in any form of modern slavery.
- Risk Assessment: We will conduct a risk assessment to identify and assess the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chains. This assessment will be reviewed regularly to ensure that it remains up to date.
- Reporting: Any employee or contractor who has concerns or suspicions of modern slavery must report them immediately to their supervisor or the designated reporting mechanism.
- Investigation: We will investigate all reports of modern slavery and take appropriate action, including terminating contracts with suppliers or business partners who engage in modern slavery.
- Transparency: We will publish a report and actions taken to address any incidents of modern slavery.
- Continuous Improvement: We will continuously review and improve this policy to ensure that it remains effective in combating modern slavery.
We are committed to implementing this policy and working towards a world free from modern slavery. We believe that our actions can make a positive difference and we encourage other companies to join us in this effort.