Sendbird vs. Twilio:
A head-to-head comparison
Twilio has built a large business around SMS. One area they haven't prioritized is in-app chat. Perhaps because it's a free and more reliable alternative to SMS and they depend on their SMS revenue. We can only guess.
Twilio has announced end of life for Programmable Chat as a stand-alone product — further confirmation that in-app chat isn’t a priority for them. Contact us to learn how Sendbird can help you build the rich in-app chat experience your customers expect.
Trusted by the world’s most popular apps
The apps that hundreds of millions of users rely on every day are built on Sendbird.
Messages per month
we believe in-app chat, not SMS, is the future of user engagement for digital-first and mobile-first companies. We took a hard and – we promise – honest look at both products and put together a straightforward feature comparison to give you just the facts.
When you put Sendbird and Twilio head-to-head, Sendbird wins on scalability, advanced messaging features, moderation, translation capabilities, and more.
Achieve more with Sendbird Chat
Why Sendbird is the only Twilio alternative
If the priority is providing the best possible chat experience for your end users, Sendbird is the clear choice over Twilio.
“We didn’t know how hard it was to build chat at our scale. With Sendbird, we were able to get to market faster and also meet our users’ high bar.”
Security and compliance
Years of in-house security and compliance expertise.
- All communication to and from Sendbird servers is encrypted using
- TLSv1.3/SSL with authentication devices for the client- and server-side.
- All files are saved with AES256 encryption in our private cloud and access is tightly restricted.
- Sendbird conducts regular third-party penetration testing to proactively ensure security and address potential vulnerabilities.
Trusted and battle-tested for enterprise-grade performance and global scale.
- Global reach – high-availability data centers across 8 global regions.
- High concurrency – millions of concurrent connections per app.
- White glove support
- 24/7 Level-based support
- Emergency hotline
- Slack support
- Customer success manager
- Quarterly business reviews
- Custom setups
- IP whitelisting
- Dedicated servers
- Public static IP
- Custom pricing